Friday, March 25, 2016

Book Recommendation - The Virgin Romance Novelist

You can also preview the book here

Hello Bookworms,


Today's book is, The Virgin Romance Novelist by Meghan Quinn, and this book is about a girl who's a virgin who wants to write a romance novel.

Rosie, the main character is a twenty something year who works for a cat magazine and lives with her roommates. She's always been fascinated with romance novels and wanted to write her own but there was one problem, she knew nothing about sex. Footnote; you don't need to know about something to write about it. You can simply do research or make it up, that's why it's called F I C T I O N. Anyways, she feels the need to gain some experience so she can have the greatest novel of all time -- my words not her's.

The book starts off with her roommates trying to turn her into a low grade hoe, by going on dates and talking to men. A part in this book that really, made me feel uneasy is when she decides to let her guard down with every man in sight, sometimes it made me think, "Dang girl, at least make him work for something, don't be so easy," but she did the exact opposite. The fact that she only talked to each guy once, went out on a date with him and is already going to give herself to this total stranger is... disgusting to me. This book is funny to say the least, certain points did have me feeling embarrassed for her but I did think to myself, wow she really gives no fucks. Her roommates try to help her as best as they can, one from females perspective and one from a male, it's helps but not as much as it should, the fact that she over complicates things makes the situations ever worse.

I don't want to give too much of the book away but I liked the book, even though there were some points where I was embarrassed to read in public -- even though it was on my kindle and no one knew what I was reading -- .this book is overall a good read. I don't know who I would recommend this book to but I would as well as for warn them that it is a very mature book. Hopefully you guys get to read it, until next time ❤️




With Love & Sweetness,

No comments:

Post a Comment