Saturday, March 28, 2015

Book Recommendation - Playing The Hand You're Dealt



Dear Bookworms,

Today we have another book recommendation! I love to read books and I'm always looking for new books to read. This book is called, Playing The Hand Your Delt by Trice Hickman, this book is a twisted love story about how you can't tell the person you love you love them or it'll literally ruin everything in your life.

 Storyline: Emily -- main character -- starts off in Georgia and
Picture from Google
then continues in Washington where her best friend, Samantha, and her friends' family lives. When Emily moves it's hard for her to keep who she really loves a secret especially now that Emily sees him frequently, Samantha who she's known since college has no idea of her love interest but if she were to find out she might hate Emily for ever. Her Samantha works in New York for a magazine but somehow is able to blow off work to hang with her friend, Samantha also has problems in the love department especially when it comes to bad boys -- those types are her weakness. I don't want to give too much of the story away just know that, some ends up pregnant, divorced, and friendships take a back seat.

The only thing that I don't like in this book is it has cheating in it, I don't like when people cheat on each other especially when they don't love each other any more. The story and the plot is okay but it could definitely do with out the whole mistress -- or as the kids say today, "side piece" -- ordeal but I guess that's what makes the story interesting because it wasn't suppose to end up like that. I love how to the story is written and I support black authors so this is a win, win situation I'm planning on reading some of her books and I'll let you guys know it goes. Until next time ❤️

With Love & Sweetness,











P.S. This book is recommended to mature audiences

No comments:

Post a Comment